Tableau Desktop I & II: Accelerated (3 days)
This course is designed to make power users out of absolute beginners. If you need your team seeing and understanding your data in the shortest time possible this course is for you. It combines topics from both the Tableau Desktop I and II courses into a caffeine-fuelled, 3 day data marathon.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualisations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualisation types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Build dashboards to share visualisations.
And then when you think you just can’t take any more, we’ll enable you to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualisations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyse your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualisations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualisations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.